JOB TITLE: Accounting Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Office
The Accounting manager will be responsible for supervising and managing the accounting department and all areas of financial reporting. They will develop and maintain accounting principles, best practices, and systems for collecting, analyzing and reporting information. The Accounting manager will advise on budgets, financial strategy, financial reporting, and forecasting. He or she will also be responsible for managing accounting team, helping audit and ledger preparation, and supporting managers across teams with financial procedures.
- Prepare financial statements and analysis for Land Gorilla.
- Manage and supervise accounting department employees
- Maintain and oversee all accounting procedures and processes
- Record and research all financial information for analysis
- Oversee budget reports, preparation of budgets, and analysis of budgets
- Document and interpret complicated financial information for managers and executives
- Advise on procedure and financial management as well as developing policies
- Oversee financial reports for stockholders, taxes, regulatory agencies, and other financial groups relating to company finance
- Audit accounting and finance departments
- Forecast and plans according to fiscal needs
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or related experience as an Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, Quickbooks, accounting software and databases
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departmentApply Now