JOB TITLE: >Accounting Clerk
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks. Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports, and reconciling statements. A successful accounting clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the Accounting Department.
- Type accurately, and prepare and maintain accounting documents and records.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
- Daily enter key financial transaction data in database.
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel.
- Research, track, and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Review accounting processes and practices and improve where necessary to ensure efficient financial operations
- Accountability for cash flow and production of forecasts
- Effectively communicate with vendors/clients to ensure client/vendor satisfaction.
- Follow all protocols and procedures to improve work performance while continually gaining job knowledge.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 4+ years of proven accounting experience
- 5+ years of cash management experience
- Competency in MS Office, databases, and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the department