Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Reports To: Accounting Manager
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented accounting specialist. The accounting specialist will analyze information, maintain complete and accurate records, assist with routine accounting duties, and provide prompt, courteous responses to inquiries or complaints from clients, vendors, and lenders. You should also be a skilled researcher and possess strong communication and computer skills.
To succeed as an accounting specialist, you should be committed to providing efficient, reliable support to accounting department members, other departments, and external parties. You should be trustworthy, thorough, and courteous with excellent time management skills.
- Using documents to verify, record, and process transactions.
- Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
- Assisting the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including generating vendor and client statements, assisting with audits, and resolving discrepancies.
- Speaking with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and that payments are received in a timely manner.
- Communicating with clients to discuss account statuses, charges, or discrepancies.
- Participating in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments, current financial legislation, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative and other tasks as needed.
- Understanding of accounting principles.
- Exceptional time management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in entering data
- Strong math and research skills.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to maintain precise records
- Ability to accurately and efficiently analyze data.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Can work independently and without supervision when required
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments. Land Gorilla is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.