JOB TITLE: Business Development Representative – Full Time
REPORTS TO: Marketing Manager
COMP: $18-22/hr + Commission
The Land Gorilla family is changing the game in construction loans while providing critical infrastructure necessary to address our national housing shortage. We pioneered a new way to manage construction loans through cloud-based software–a solution now utilized by the nation’s top financial institutions.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) will have the opportunity to support the sales team by prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads.
Advance your sales career on a collaborative team that thrives on friendly competition and hitting goals. Join our team if you want to develop your communication, strategy, and sales development skills in an environment that is conducive to your personal and professional growth.
- Learning and adopting the Land Gorilla Sales Methodology and Process
- Prospecting and identifying new sales opportunities with “hunter” mentality
- Qualifying leads from inbound leads and marketing campaigns
- Maintaining a healthy sales pipeline and prioritizing activities to exceed monthly sales quota
- Ensuring smooth hand-off to sales team
- Cold-calling key decision-makers to drive new sales opportunities over the phone
- Employing active listening techniques to gather data over the phone and email to effectively address the customer’s business needs, offering appropriate value proposition solutions, and securing a scheduled next step with the sales team.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Entry-level sales position
- Software sales experience recommended
- Natural curiosity and problem solver
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of activity and work effectively under pressure
- Self-motivated, team player with a fearless and competitive spirit
- Strong relationship building skills to initiate, establish and nurture meaningful business relationships over the phone
- Dedicated to being an expert in your field and providing a high level of customer care
- Open to feedback, coachable
- Proficiency with CRM and Google Apps
- Expertise with SPIN Selling and Active Listening techniques
- Experience working on a performance-based compensation structure (base + commission) This job
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the department