Job Title: Construction Cost Estimator
Reports To: Risk Department Leader
Land Gorilla is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our team as a Construction Cost Estimator to perform project feasibility analyses that highlight project risk and address feasibility issues. This individual must be familiar with a wide range of commercial and residential construction projects, as well as AIA documentation, and construction cost estimation practices. Job duties will include developing reports that highlight risk as it pertains to feasibility and supporting clients and team members with related inquiries. The cost analysis work includes the review of budgets, contracts, and architectural exhibits to determine the risk to construction lenders.
- Review construction documents and perform analysis against internal cost models to determine project feasibility
- Work closely with internal team members, clients, and project stakeholders to resolve issues/conditions to project feasibility
- Build and manage internal cost estimation tools and datasets
- Verify budgets fall within a feasible range that is consistent with the requirements of the contract and architectural exhibits
- Review project bid packages and proposals
- Support and consult with construction draw management team members on active projects
- Work with product owners to develop tools and products for the cost estimating process
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5+ years experience as a construction cost estimator
- High level of understanding of cost estimating practices
- Familiarity with construction industry, terminology, costs, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Engineering and/or Construction Management)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Displays excellent time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to prioritize workload.
- Must be proficient in Google applications such as Gmail, drive, sheets, and docs.
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.