Job Title: Content Writer
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
We are looking for an experienced writer to create content for blogs, articles, whitepapers, ebooks, product descriptions, social media, and the web. Your primary responsibility will be to develop engaging written and visual content that tells our brand story and drives our thought leadership strategies. Your content should create engagement and provide value to customers that drive business.
- Conduct in-depth research on industry-related topics in order to develop original content
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines
- Drive and direct creative strategy and deliverables for multi-channel campaigns
- Help guide creative efforts to deliver original, innovative assets
- Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with the organization’s mission to inspire ideas and content
- Manage the review process with stakeholders
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics in ways that are relatable and understandable for our audience
- Ability to bring unique, thoughtful insights to each content piece
- Ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary
- Familiarity with the company’s brand image, products, and services
Knowledge, Experience & Education
- Extensive knowledge of banking and lending-related industries. Experience in construction lending is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
- Proven 3+ years of work experience as a Content Writer or Copywriter.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills for a B2B audience
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments. Land Gorilla is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.