JOB TITLE: Director of Business Development
REPORTS TO: CEO
Land Gorilla hiring a Director of Business Development to create new strategic partnerships within the financial services industry in order to promote the adoption of Land Gorilla’s cloud-based software platform. You will be an expert voice who introduces our solution to prospective channel partners and helps guide them through the sales process. This includes prospecting for new relationships, participating in technical demonstrations, and positioning Land Gorilla as the premier solution to potential channel partners.
The Director of Business Development will work in a fast-paced and highly competitive sales organization. This position is headquartered in San Luis Obispo, but can be based out of any US location.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years in Business Development, Channel Sales, Alliances or Partnerships
- Experience partnering with lenders in both residential and commercial organizations
- Experience working with clients nationwide through partners and channel relationships
- Rich personal network of contacts within the financial services industry, including: banks, credit unions, mortgage companies, correspondent investors, warehouse banks, software providers and industry influencers
- You are competitive and have a track record of over-achieving quota
- Proven track record of enterprise sales and partnerships experience, excellent communication skills, and a deep understanding of selling SaaS products through partners to the enterprise market
- Proven ability to navigate within multiple groups in a partner and end customer
- Intellectual curiosity – you love to ask questions and are genuinely interested in learning your partners and customers needs
- Hardworking – you’re one of the hardest working people you know
- Competitive – you want to win and nothing can stop you
- Articulate – you have strong interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Passionate – you are excited about construction lending, technology, software, and how it helps businesses succeed
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Formulate and implement a nationwide partnership strategy for the company
- Identify partner needs and determine how a partnership with Land Gorilla can benefit both parties
- Cultivate and negotiate partner contracts with individual partners
- Manage partner relationships across their entire lifecycle
- Investigate potential partners and their customers to assess long-term business objectives and anticipate future needs
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.