JOB TITLE: Director of Product
REPORTS TO: CEO
The Director of Product will drive product innovation and be responsible for managing and building the Product team, understanding customer requirements, and executing on product strategy and roadmaps to deliver industry-leading SaaS software to Land Gorilla customers.
This position is located in San Luis Obispo, California.
- Lead the effort to develop clear and compelling product requirements/user stories for new initiatives, as well as existing product enhancements, including business justification, revenue potential, and operational impact
- Work with internal stakeholders to craft a compelling product roadmap that aligns with business strategy and market needs
- Work with development and engineering teams, perform backlog grooming, and manage priorities across multiple teams
- Own writing of user stories, acceptance criteria, and sign off on feature completion
- Work with marketing to develop Go to Market Strategies
- Work with the Creative Director to ensure product releases adhere to Land Gorilla brand and style guidelines
- Monitor product adoption, proactively identifying opportunities and making actionable recommendations to drive product uptake and effectiveness
- Manage and communicate project schedules, goals, and dependencies, drive cross-functional initiatives, and regularly represent status to senior leadership
- Analyze the market and competition, track key trends and their impact, define relevant use cases and features to meet evolving needs
- Develop and track key metrics/KPIs and targets, developing plans to achieve those targets, and proactively communicate progress
Required Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Strategy, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related business/technical fields
- 7+ years of experience in Product and 3+ years in a scrappy, startup-like, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Good instincts – you know what makes a good product great
- Demonstrated experience launching and managing SaaS based products or services
- A proven ability to motivate, lead, and influence internal stakeholders and team members
- Extensive experience working collaboratively with engineering, sales, and marketing departments, and being the “voice” of the product
- Strong communicator and, most importantly, listener with both technical and non-technical colleagues and customers.
- Knowledge of Mortgage Operations, Servicing & Secondary Mortgage Operations a plus
- Knowledge of Construction and Renovation Loan procedures a plus
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.