JOB TITLE: Director of Product
REPORTS TO: CEO
LOCATION: San Luis Obispo
The Director of Product will drive product innovation and be responsible for managing and building the Product team, understanding customer requirements, and executing product strategy and roadmaps to deliver industry-leading SaaS software to Land Gorilla customers.
- Work with Land Gorilla stakeholders to ensure that the product roadmap reflects current priorities
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; establish time schedules with engineering and development
- Gather performance feedback from customers as part of the normal course of business
- Ensure client and internal feedback is solicited, prioritized and actioned with clear and transparent communications
- Work closely with all Land Gorilla internal teams to ensure that the solutions delivered by Land Gorilla are deployed successfully and transitioned effectively to the production support team
- Develop and implement plans with all departments to ensure successful product launches and integrations
- Lead and mentor a product team with a focus and obsession on understanding and satisfying our client’s needs
- Help define and develop a data culture using quantitative and qualitative measures that tie to company objectives.
- Maintain a competitive analysis program to support decision-making within the roadmap
- Work with Land Gorilla Senior Management to define appropriate project lifecycle, including key gateways, checkpoints, and quality criteria
- Track project costs and revenue projections against planned budget
- Work with the Marketing and Training teams to provide content for educational webinars and/or onsite client training
- Work with the Land Gorilla Management Team to ensure that project resources are adequately trained and allocated
Required Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Strategy, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related business/technical fields
- 7+ years of experience in Product and 3+ years in a scrappy, startup-like, fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in product planning, defining and launching successful products, unifying product portfolios, and working with SaaS product lines.
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Good instincts – you know what makes a good product great
- A proven ability to motivate, lead and influence internal stakeholders and team members
- Extensive experience working collaboratively with engineering, sales, and marketing departments, and being the “voice” of the product
- Strong communicator and, most importantly, listen with both technical and non-technical colleagues and customers.
- Experience scaling a product department a plus
- Knowledge of Mortgage Operations, Servicing & Secondary Mortgage Operations a plus
- Knowledge of Construction and Renovation Loan procedures a plus
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.