JOB TITLE: IT Manager
REPORTS TO: Christi Hale
The IT Manager will be responsible for providing technical leadership for the information technology team, and drive programs that empower the business through technology. You will be responsible for all areas involving IT infrastructure and Operations. Your approach will bring together the best of state of the art technical solutions, team leadership, and being hands-on in solving technical challenges for all Land Gorilla employees.
- Develop and implement policies to ensure work operations are carried out in an efficient and timely manner
- Implement data and system security measures in order to reduce exposure to downtime risks
- Recommend new policies and procedures to eliminate or reduce barriers to effective production or to improve customer service
- Develop Data Center solutions taking into account infrastructure, data protection, high availability, resource management, automation, disaster recovery, and application requirements
- Oversee planning, design, implementation, of hardware, software and operating system projects
- Participate in the specification of business requirements and implementation plans for technically advanced solutions
- Manage and maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity, system access and security within policy
- Conduct regular system audits
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years in a supervisory/management role (must have experience managing direct reports in a desktop support function)
- 5+ years’ experience supporting technology in a fast-moving environment.
- Deep experience working with both Mac and PC hardware and operating systems.
- Ideal candidate will possess thought leadership around best practices and support
- Strong work ethic and high degree of self-motivation
- Experience managing cloud services, such as Google G Suite, VoIP, JIRA, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Remote and on-site technical support experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with others
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- High level of clarity, detail, and accuracy when writing emails and documentation
- Integrity and honesty, ability to be trusted and to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.