Job Title: Learning & Development Specialist
Reports To: Corporate Trainer
The L&D Specialist is responsible for developing a cohesive workforce at Land Gorilla. The L&D Specialist designs, develops, and delivers education to new and existing employees on how to effectively perform their job duties and meet company goals.
- Design, develop and maintain department-level training programs and documentation
- Conduct training for administration, middle management, and entry-level employees in both an in-person and virtual environment
- Assess current training programs and procedures for efficacy, and identify skills or knowledge gaps.
- Constantly pursue new ideas, which could be implemented within the Company’s training programs.
- Work with management and operations on strategies and implementation of training programs to achieve employee development goals.
- Create annual training and testing of core policies and procedures.
- Create and implement monitoring strategies to ensure that employees are performing their job duties according to training.
- Proactively work with department-level managers to identify and resolve training-related gaps or issues.
- Ensure that all training materials and programs are compliant with laws and regulations governing the industry.
- Identify and develop individuals who have growth potential within the organization.
- Actively participate in the implementation of performance improvement plans for employees not able to meet or maintain standards of excellence.
- 2-3 years experience in employee training and/or instructional design
- Prior experience working in the software industry is preferred
- Experience developing and delivering training in both an in-person and virtual environment
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with a proven ability to manage large numbers of details in projects
- Effective facilitation of internal and external communication with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership skills capable of inspiring top tier performance
- Excellent coaching and mentoring abilities
- Proven ability to seek and accept feedback
- Self-starter and demonstrate initiative
- Results and action-oriented
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Service and teamwork-oriented
- Focus on learning and self-development
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.