JOB TITLE: Manager, Customer Success
DEPARTMENT: Customer Success
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
The Manager of Customer Success leads a team of Account Managers and Implementation Specialists responsible for the implementation, retention and growth of accounts. The primary goals of the team are to ensure that clients derive maximum value from our software and that they receive exceptional experiences, resulting in retention and growth. Alongside client focus, the Manager of Customer Success is responsible to measure and report on KPIs, improve processes and grow the team.
- Support the Implementation and Account Management teams in driving product adoption and nurturing relationships.
- Continually improve processes associated with client on-boarding, renewals, feature requests, quarterly business reviews, and expansion opportunities.
- Manage client escalations and deliver effective resolutions.
- Monitor and support team in on cycle and off cycle client renewals.
- Ensure team adoption of CRM tools in order to consistently capture and report on client health.
- Partner with sales leadership to ensure an effective sales to customer success hand-off process.
- Track and report on Account Management and Implementation KPIs.
- Monitor and ensure client on-boarding milestones are met.
- Contribute to enhancement prioritization requests on behalf of team.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with cross-functional internal teams including sales, product, professional services, marketing and support.
- Train and mentor account management and implementation specialists to include interviewing, employee training and performance reviews.
- Provide resources for team to stay current with industry trends, compliance and regulatory changes and technology developments.
- Maintain training and reference documentation for account management and implementation roles.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Has managed teams and has a genuine passion for building teams and helping teams succeed
- Experience as a CSM, Account Manager, or other similar role with SaaS product(s).
- Effectively balance competing priorities and make decisions that best support the team and the customer
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; being able to be the customer’s advocate.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a rapidly-changing environment
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build successful business relationships at all levels of management
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the department.