Job Title: Product Manager
Reports To: Director of Product
The Product Manager will influence a cross-functional team of engineers, product marketers, and UX designers to deliver our customers the right solutions they need to manage and grow Land Gorilla’s construction lending and loan management business with power and confidence.
The Product Manager coordinates and inspires the creation of innovative products and services in an agile development environment, and ensures Land Gorilla delivers the features and functionality that delights our customers.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy. Technically credible to with software developers
- Capable of inspiring action with cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the willingness and ability to experiment with new techniques to increase product output
- Skilled at writing value propositions for features that meet market our strategic company objectives
- Proficient at authoring product requirements that integrate finds from usability studies, product metrics, and market/competitive analyses
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: Ability to communicate to all levels of the business including stakeholders across the organization
- Proficient using agile software development tools, especially Jira and Trello
- Competency with Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Docs, Google Chat, and Gma
This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Product owner for one or more product development teams
- Work well with a cross-functional team of Engineers, Customer Marketing, and Knowledge base owner (Support) to ready enhancements for going-to-market
- Champion the product vision and keep up on innovations in product management and industry trends for inspiration
- Become the subject matter expert in your strategic focus area(s)
- Be customer-driven and meet regularly with customers to cultivate customer empathy, build a deep understanding of the customer journey and identify genuine needs, uncover pain points, and gains customers’ desire
- Continuously interact with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to gain further insights on product and customers
- Research competitive and related solutions, when possible. Understand the technology landscape and potential disruptors in the market
- Leverage data and analytics to support tactical and strategic product decisions
- Write high-level value propositions for projects that support company objectives
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria, and technical requirements.
- Prioritize backlog based on company objectives, customer needs, market evidence, and internal stakeholders needs
- Regularly lead grooming of the product backlog to clarify product priorities
- Regularly meet with the Engineering Functional Analyst to clarify any questions they have about project requirements
- Ensure completed projects meet the documented acceptance criteria
- Manage the product roadmap for your focus area, set expectations with senior management and relevant stakeholders, and regularly update them on progress and any changes to the plan
- Author release plan and coordinate with release team, product marketing, etc. to successfully deliver products to market
- Monitor and report on success metrics for the projects you manage
- Own the outcome and do what it takes to reach the established goals of the project deliverables
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.