This policy may be updated at any time by replacement or updates, which may be without prior notification. Please refer to the last modified date from time to time for updates.
By using or accessing Our site and associated Digital Property, You are subject to the terms of this privacy statement and consent to these privacy practices, including Our use and disclosure of Your PII for the purposes described below.
Information Collected and Use: We collect both PII and Non-PII information through Our site. Business Affiliates should reference any agreements with Us to confirm how information is procured and handled independent of use of Our site or Our Digital Property.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”): Land Gorilla collects Non-PII about site and Digital Property use, including the number of unique visitors to Our site, the frequency of visits and authorization and access to Digital Property, public Internet Protocol address, browser type, referring or exit pages and URLs related to traffic, landing pages, and pages viewed. Data regarding use is reviewed summarily and not on an individual basis, nor is the data aggregated in an attempt to identify probabilistic identifiers. We may combine information of all users such that it is not personally identifiable as to any user. We gather this data to facilitate and improve the site and Digital Property function. Non-PII data helps Us improve Our products and business. We use standard technologies to collect information such as:
- Log Information and IP Addresses: An IP address is the unique numeric identifier assigned to each computer browser accessing the Internet. We collect traffic data by tracking user IP addresses. An IP address, by itself, cannot identify You personally. Though when combined with other information provided by Your Internet service provider, Your IP address can be used to identify the computer originating a message, We do not use them as a source of probabilistic identifiers for any reason. When You use Our site or Digital Property or view content provided by Us on Our Site, We automatically collect and store certain information in Our server logs. We may track details of how and what Digital Property is accessed, date and time of access, IP address information described above, web pages that have been viewed, domain type, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware, settings, browser type, browser language, and referral URL.
- Pixel Tags (Beacons): Pixel tags, also known as beacons or clear GIFs, are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. Pixel tags help manage Our Digital Property by allowing Us to determine effective content. Unlike cookies, which are stored on a user’s device, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on web pages.
- Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”): In addition to Non-PII Information, some information is indefinable as to an individual user.
- Log-in Data: When You use Our site, We may create an online account for You through which You log in to access services. In order to log in, You are required to provide a username and password. Name and password data is mandatory both for processing and to verify identity, account, and to ensure secure transactions.
- Engagement Data (for Service Providers only): When You decide to apply as an employee or to provide vendor services through Our Digital Property as a Business Affiliate (e.g., title company, inspector, appraiser or other vendor), We will require You to provide Your name, email address, physical address, phone number, resume, or completed application, W-9 or other data You may choose to provide. This data is mandatory to process vendor applications and to process payments.
- Information Related to Data Collected for Our Lender/Client Subscriber: We provide business-to-business services that are accessible by consumers using associated services. For the purpose of Our services the following definitions apply. Lender/Client Subscriber means the business or entity purchasing a Subscription through a Master Terms (“Master Terms”). Customer means the businesses or individuals purchasing products and services through Lender/Client Subscriber from Land Gorilla.
- Service Provider Collection and Use: Land Gorilla collects information under the direction of its Lender/Client Subscriber and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes or obtains through that service. This information is not collected through Our site, but is used by Us in providing services.
- 3rd Party Service Providers to Land Gorilla: We may disclose Non-PII and PII to third parties that help Us provide Our services to Lender/Client Subscribers and the associated business which service them. Disclosure to these third parties are covered by this policy regarding notice and choice and the service agreements with Our Lender/Client Subscriber. Disclosure of PII and Non-PII is on a need to know basis only to allow users to obtain benefits of the business service from providers who contract with Land Gorilla to process a portion of a user’s required services.
- Job Applicants and Contractors: When applying for a position or a contract with Us, We also collect Personal Information necessary for Us to perform functions related to recruitment, hiring and contract management. The PII We collect may include that information already listed above as well as education history, qualifications, previous employers, citizenship status, membership of professional organizations and reference contact details. Depending on Your advancement in the recruitment process we may also collect PII from you in job interviews or telephone conversations and from your referees or from our own suppliers, including to verify your citizenship status, visa details, qualifications, references, criminal history and other PII You provide Us. For European Union citizens, please see below. Where You are being engaged as a consultant or contractor to Land Gorilla, We may also collect additional Personal Information such as Your professional or business license or applicable country business number and professional and/or public liability insurance details. Where the consultant or contractor is an entity, We may also collect additional PII about its directors, managers, or contact persons which could include names, job titles, business and contract addresses and phone numbers.PII may be kept in various formats by Us. We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewalls and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided. We restrict access to PII to our employees and contracted third party providers who need to know that information in order to process it for Us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and privacy obligations. We maintain records of Personal Information for as long as is necessary but will destroy or de-identify PII if We no longer need it for any authorized purpose and are not required by law to retain it. We notify users of any data breach as required by law.
Disclosure and Use: By submitting PII to Land Gorilla, You agree We may use the information in accordance with this policy, including, without limitation: (i) to provide to third party organizations, such as builders, financial institutions, lenders, borrowers and inspectors for the purpose of providing You the Digital Property, (ii) to adapt and improve Our services, site and processes, and (iii) to meet legal, regulatory or contractual requirements relating to the Digital Property used. If You do submit PII through the site, this information may be shared with third parties, including without limitation, Our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, in accordance with applicable federal or state law. Please also consult any contracts You have with lenders or other loan service companies.
PII may also be used for limited marketing, training, or information purposes. We also use PII in other ways, such as to provide You with information or updates about Our Digital Property or associated services that may be of interest to You. When entering information, always consider whether You want to consent to disclosure by entering such information before doing so.
Your consent to general contact after You are no longer using the site or Digital Property may be withdrawn by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located within any message You receive from Us or You may contact Us at: contact@LandGorilla.com to unsubscribe or discontinue contact.
With regard to services, You may receive certain notices or contacts that are integrated into the Digital Property used, which means You cannot unsubscribe to or necessarily block further notices. You can, however, discontinue use by discontinuing use of the applicable Digital Property used. Please contact Us if You desire to stop any contact at: contact@LandGorilla.com.
By submitting PII to Land Gorilla, You give Us permission to receive it, review it, edit it, store it and use it as set forth herein. We will retain Your PII for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws, and Your consent will continue even after termination of Your use of Digital Property or the site for the purpose set forth herein.
In addition to any of the previously mentioned uses of PII and non-PII, We may use Non-PII and PII collected through Our site and services as follows:
- To establish and verify Your identity or right to use the site on behalf of an entity;
- activating and maintaining Your account and general customer or partner services;
- provide services contracted or which have been contracted through Our third-party partners and associated vendors;
- to respond to Your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions;
- site and service improvement and product development and all activities associated therewith;
- to contact You to offer updates and Digital Property opportunities from Us and partners in the industry (You may choose not to allow Us to use or disclose Your PII for marketing and promotional purposes by contacting Us at: contact@LandGorilla.com;
- to enforce any agreement You or Your contracting entity has with Land Gorilla;
- to maintain and secure Our site and Digital Property;
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when We believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect Our rights, protect Your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- to protect against fraud, potential fraud, identify theft, misappropriation or infringement;
- to disclose to any other third party with Your prior consent to do so;
- If Land Gorilla is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on Our site of any change in ownership or uses of Your PII as well as any choices You may have regarding Your personal information.
Access to and Ability to Correct or Delete Information: Upon request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, We will provide You a summary of Your PII retained by Us. As allowed by law and consistent with Our applicable partner agreements, You may modify, correct, change, or request deletion of or updates to any PII Land Gorilla collects from You through the site. You can do this by contacting Us here: contact@LandGorilla.com.
Third Party Sites: Our site and Digital Property may contain links to other websites, including websites operated by Business Affiliates or non-affiliated or independent third parties. Please be aware that those sites may collect PII from or about You and Non-PII about Your visit. We do not endorse nor control collection of information by third parties accessed through links. We disclaim all responsibility for the privacy policies, information collection practices, content, accuracy of the information, and/or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on these third-party websites. Please refer directly to linked website privacy policies prior to use.
Internet Security and Access from Social Media Platforms: Information submitted via the internet or via email is never entirely secure. Further, such information is subject to interception or incorrect routing. Any information, communications, or material of any type or nature submitted to Us on or linked from a social media platform or website such as LinkedIn®, Facebook®, Instagram® or Twitter®, by email, posting, messaging, uploading, downloading is at Your own risk. If You visit Our site through a social media link, You are solely responsible for understanding the privacy policies of such platforms.
California Privacy Rights: This notification is required under California law. Under California law, California residents may opt-out of Land Gorilla disclosing PII to third parties for marketing purposes. We do not use Your PII information for marketing purposes, nor do we sell information. However, the company through which You access Our services may do so, and You are encouraged to check the privacy policies of Your lender or other sites accessed through Our system.
If You are a California resident and do not want Us to disclose Your PII to other companies for their marketing purposes, please contact Land Gorilla at contact@LandGorilla.com. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of PII the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the preceding calendar year. To request a copy of such information, please contact Us at contact@LandGorilla.com. If you are a resident user of any other state or Country, you can also request an opt out by so contacting Us.
In addition to the disclosures set forth above under Disclosures and Use, California law also requires Us to disclose how contact with Our site responds to Web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide users with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of PI about such user’s individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or other online services. This requires that We also disclose whether other parties may collect PI about Your online activities over time and across different websites when You use Our Website or services. Currently, We do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals for California residents or users. Most web browsers have Do Not Track options and you should review options available for Your browser of choice.
Children Under 16: Our site and Digital Property are not intended for use by persons under 16. We do not knowingly collect any information from children under 16. If You become aware that a child is accessing or using the Land Gorilla site for any reason, please contact Us at: contact@LandGorilla.com and We will remove information identified as provided by any child under 16 from Our systems or take other steps as required by law.
FOR OTHER NON-US RESIDENTS, NON-RESIDENT USERS: Our site and Digital Property are located in the United States. Non-U.S. resident users are advised We may transfer information collected including PII to affiliates or other third parties. If You are a Non-U.S. Resident, applicable law of Your residence may differ and You are advised You may be providing information without protection of foreign privacy laws, including the European General Data Protection Regulation. The following additional terms apply to non-U.S. resident users, in addition to the Do-Not-Track information above:
Land Gorilla participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, You may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA resident access): If You are a visitor from the EEA, Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which We collect it.
However, We will normally collect Personal Information from You only where We have Your consent to do so, where We need the Personal Information to perform a contract with You or Your lender or where the processing is in Our legitimate interests and not overridden by Your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, We may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from You or may otherwise need the Personal Information to protect Your vital interests or those of another person.
We collect information based on the context of Our relationship including as necessary to fulfil Our contract with Your service provider which granted access to the system or for Your to provide reports or other services to Us, provided such collection is not otherwise protected, though in some cases, We could have a legal obligation to collect personal information from You or be unable to provide access to You without such information.
If You are asked to provide personal information to Us to comply with a legal requirement or to access Our services, such as through Our registration process, entering such information shall be deemed notice of that entry is mandatory for use and that use will not be allowed without providing such information (You may contact Your lender if You would otherwise like to obtain information related to Your loan). If We collect and use Your personal information, We do as a service to You to allow You to better process and track lender requirements related to a loan, whether to You as a user or You as a service provider in association with processing or supporting such loan.
Additional Notice for EEA Residents: If You reside in the EEA and would like to access, review, update, rectify, object to processing, or request portability or deletion of any Personal Information controlled by Land Gorilla or exercise any other data subject right available to You under the under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, who will advise you of the relevant representative responsible for controlling Your personal information to allow You to contact this controller for Your questions based on location and any working business partner that may be a joint controller,
When the user is accessing as an Australian resident, pursuant to Australian Law as used herein means:
“Personal Information”, or where referenced PII, means information or an opinion (whether accurate and whether recorded in a material form) about an identified individual, or about an individual who is reasonably identifiable from such information.
“Sensitive Information” is Personal Information that is:
(a) information or an opinion about an individual’s:
1. racial or ethnic origin;
2. political opinions;
3. membership of a political association;
4. religious beliefs or affiliations;
5. philosophical beliefs;
6. membership of a professional or trade association;
7. membership in a trade union;
8. sexual orientation, preference, identity or practices;
9. criminal record; or
(b) health information about an individual; or
(c) genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information.
Note: We do not collective Sensitive Information from customers but may from job applicants and contractors.
When the user is accessing as a New Zealand resident, pursuant to New Zealand Law as used herein means:
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual (whether or not recorded in a documentary form).
We do not adopt Commonwealth Government identifiers, such as a tax file number, a Medicare number, or a New Zealand IRD number, as a means of identifying individuals.
Australian/NZ Complaints, Inquires, and Requests for Access or Corrections to Personal Information:
We will handle all requests for access in accordance with the privacy laws. In most cases, We will confirm whether We hold Personal Information about you and give you access to any such Personal Information within a reasonable period of time and in the manner you request, provided that request is reasonable. In some cases, We may refuse access where refusal is required or permitted by law. Without limitation, We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, information that is only available on older backup tapes, or would involve developing a new system or significantly changing an existing practice), or which risk the privacy of others. We will provide You with reasons for refusal. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and in accordance with legal requirements. We will not charge a fee for giving you access to your Personal Information. To request access to your Personal Information please contact our Privacy Officer – contact details are below. We will, on request, normally amend any of your Personal Information, which is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading where: (i) We are satisfied that the information needs to be corrected; and/or (ii) We agree with your request that the information be corrected.
If We disagree with Your request, we will write to inform You of our concerns about making the change You have requested, giving reasons for Our refusal and notifying You of available complaint mechanisms. Upon request, We will then, take steps to associate with the appropriate records of Your Personal Information, in such a manner that it will always be read with Your Personal Information, a statement that You claim the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date (whichever is relevant) and that You have requested a particular change. For New Zealand Personal Information this may include a statement that You have provided the correction requested.
We will respond to Your request within a reasonable period of time and in accordance with legal requirements. We will inform You of any action taken as a result of a request. We do not charge a fee for giving You access to your Personal Information.
Australian/NZ Complaint Process:
If you have a complaint about how We handle Your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer per contact information below.
For Australian resident/users, if We have not responded to you within 30 days you have the right to contact:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
Facsimile: +61 2 9284 9666
Further information: For Australian resident users, further information on privacy legislation is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
For New Zealand resident users, if Your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, You have the right to contact the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner at:
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10094
Phone: 0800 803 909
Facsimile: +64 4 474 7595
For New Zealand resident users, further information on privacy legislation is available from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.org.nz
For All Users:
Privacy Contact Information:
email@example.com or via postal mail at:
1241 Johnson Ave. #154
San Luis Obispo, Ca 93401