Job Title: Customer Success Manager
Dapartment: Customer Success
reports to: Director of Operations
The Customer Success Manager has two primary responsibilities–managing a portfolio of clients focused on engagement, growth, and retention and delivering software training and loan onboarding services to new clients.
The Customer Success Manager is responsible to understand client goals and help match our software and service offerings to ensure client success. The Customer Success Manager provides recommendations to our clients based on in-depth knowledge of the construction loan lending process, industry regulations and requirements, and key performance metrics. The Customer Success Manager monitors and responds to activities tied to contract compliance, and champions clients’ needs. The individual in this position will be exceptional at building trust, using good judgment, and is committed to delivering a great client experience.
The Customer Success Manager will also be responsible for providing software training and performing configuration steps to get new clients ready to use our software.
To be successful in this position, the Customer Success Manager must be able to convey information about software features In a meaningful and relevant way for the customer, i.e. showing them how features will meet their specific business needs and related benefits.
A successful Customer Success Manager will exhibit the following traits and skills. They are empathetic, have a strong technical aptitude, are good at problem-solving, are highly adaptable, listen and communicate effectively, are organized, and are strategic-minded with strong planning skills.
- Build and nurture relationships with a portfolio of clients, offering recommendations that deliver both values to the client and a reliable revenue stream to our company.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to the client’s management team to drive program growth, process improvement, and client satisfaction.
- Ensure successful client onboarding; Owning client onboarding responsibilities for new clients during the initial phase of engagement to ensure clients are comfortable and prepared to use our software.
- Validate initial client needs and develop and deliver a project plan.
- Schedule and deliver software training via online meeting software, tailoring instruction to match client needs and anticipated use of the system.
- Monitor and evaluate clients’ adoption of software features to ensure maximum benefits are achieved.
- Handle all system configurations and settings to match client requirements.
- Train clients on software functions and benefits, mapping them to specific client needs.
- Manage client escalations and complaints with internal stakeholders and deliver effective resolutions.
- Collaborate with internal teams to define solutions to meet client needs.
- Regularly maintain and update client/project status in CRM
- Handle client contract renewal processes.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, best practices, and compliance and regulatory changes; communicate relevant information to clients in a timely fashion.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years demonstrated ability in an Account Manager or Customer Success role
- Construction lending experience is preferred.
- Driven, energetic self-starter who identifies and accomplishes goals without explicit instructions
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain client trust
- Strong empathy and listening skills
- Collaborative and creative problem solver, able to work with clients and internal resources to analyze, synthesize, and implement the best solutions
- Knowledgeable in current industry practices, trends, and technology
- Can handle multiple priorities with consistent and strong follow-through
- Able to analyze data in order to recommend improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to respond to, and handle challenges in a professional and solution-oriented manner
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.